For additional information on any of our programs or to sign-up for our workshops, please contact Marti Austin at email@example.com.
- Workshops are reserved for NSQG Members each new fiscal year, from June through the first of October. After October 1st, non-members may register for workshops anytime, providing there is an opening. NSQG members pay $45.00 for full day workshops and $25.00 for half day workshops. The non-member price for workshops is $55.00 for full day workshops and $35.00 for half day workshops.
- No seat in any workshop if reserved until payment has been received.
- Please come early enough to be set up for the start of the class. Doors will open at 9:00 AM; class begins at 9:30 AM unless otherwise indicated.
- Be prepared. This includes having all items on the supply list, sewing machine in good working order, and basic sewing supplies. It is also a good idea to bring an extension cord, power strip, a small iron and an ironing surface that may be shared with other students.
- If you need to cancel your attendance in a workshop, you will receive a full refund only if your spot can be filled.
- Lunch is on your own. Most venues will allow you to eat in the classroom which means you can brown bag it. Some venues have a refrigerator available. An hour is built into the class time for a lunch break, which is flexible and could affect the end time of the workshop.
- Cell phones should be silenced during class. If you need to make or take a call, please exit the classroom.
- Visitors are very distracting to the teacher and other students, and should not be in the classroom.
- If you know you have to leave class early, please try to sit in the back of the classroom.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from wearing perfumes.
Get Adobe Reader to view pdf files and forms.
This is a "hands on" program. Our members will have an opportunity to explore one of five ways to be creative. NSQG members will present basic instruction in hand quilting, hand applique, redwork, sewing hexies and wool applique. The goal of this program is to provide members the opportunity to explore a new activity without spending any money. At the conclusion of this meeting, members may want to pursue learning more about the new skill or they may decide that the new skill is not for them! Either way, members will have the opportunity to learn and to enjoy spending time with fellow guild members. Members need to bring a small pair of scissors to the meeting. For those who have signed up for hand quilting or redwork, you may want to bring a hoop if you like using one. If you like using a thimble when doing hand work, bring that along too. All other supplies will be provided by the guild. If you have not signed up for a specific skill but would like to, you can contact Marti beforehand, but there should be a few extra kits in each group so join one that interests you or you may bring your own handwork to do.
SATURDAY WORKSHOP: English Paper Piecing - Lucy Boston Quilt Block.
There is a $12 kit fee payable at the workshop. Participants need to bring a small pair of scissors and a spool of neutral colored thread.
Saturday workshop held at the Rolling Meadows Library, Rolling Meadows, IL. (see map)
Home | Year At-A-Glance | Programs | New Members | Newsletters | Retreats/Trips | Quilt Shows | Charity Projects | Meetings | About Us | Contact Us
© Copyright 2006-2015. Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild, Inc.